Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hiking and Textural Photography



Almost from the beginning of this year's hiking adventure, I've been taking pictures. The pictures I tend to take are more of textures, then things. Most of my images tend to be more close up. I am fascinated with the way patterns and colors interact in nature. I've always got my eye on the dirt in front of me or the way that water moves in rivers and lakes. My boyfriend gets a kick out of it. He tends to focus on a much larger picture, which is fine for a nature and wildlife photographer (photograph3r.com), but sometimes I will see things that he has missed. For instance, I love the way color plays across water. While he's taking pictures of the fall leaves on the opposite bank of the river, I'm taking pictures of the same leaf color as it dances on the river. To me, this is even more timeless, almost abstract. The fall color on water pictures you see in the slide show below have almost a Monet quality to them that I couldn't resist. And I love the contrast of the actual leaves floating through the color!

No comments: